Re: [hreg] PV panels

  • Steven Shepard
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2001
      Kim,

      If your pump is a 12VDC at 4 Amp that is a 48 Watt DC pump.  If you want to just pump water while the Sun is shining then a 55 or 60 Watt single crystal or polycrystalline panel should work just fine.

      If you want 24 hour operation you will need an array of three 75 Watt panels, a controller and battery back up.
      I can be more specific if you need a quote to price these items.

      Oh, and Claude.  There are many Texas renewable energy vendors in the region.  There really is no need to send all our money out of state.

      SBT Designs
      25840 IH-10 West #1
      Boerne, Texas 78006
      210-698-7109
      FAX: 210-698-7147
      www.sbtdesigns.com

      Please note we are moving our email address to sbtdesigns@....
      Please update our information in your records.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 21, 2001
        Kim,

        Just let me know if you need any help with your pump system.

        You can get a good combo rig from AEE.

        Or, a simple bilge pump will work for a fountain on a limited basis.

        You should add a linear current booster to any high quality operation.

        Andrew

        Andrew H. McCalla
        Meridian Energy Systems, Inc.
        Solar-Electric System Design, Installation, and Service.
        P.O. Box 5810
        Austin, TX 78763
        Tel: 512-477-3050
        Fax: 512-477-3035