Check out UH solar array tomorrow - and support "The Sun Club"

  • Adeel Akhtar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2012

      All,

      While we are on the UH campus for tomorrow's HREG meeting, take a few minutes to check out the solar array recently installed at the University's central utility plant.  And while you are at it, I want to turn your attention to a pretty unique program that made this donated system possible.

      Green Mountain Energy's Sun Club donated $140,000 towards this solar system.  Quite simply the way this works is that Green Mountain customer's can join and become members of this program for $5/mo. (added to your invoice).  100% of your money goes directly to the program.  So far the program has put up almost 450KW of solar energy for non-profits and other community serving institutions.  You can also see the arrays they funded at the Houston Zoo among other places.

      Check it out...