[hreg] Solar Roofing Panels

  • Jim & Janet
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 12, 2012
      Phillip
      the closest thing to BIPV we've done is at that Glen Rose install you work on in '06 with us. We went back and put up clear-backed PV in the greenhouse roof several months after the inital install of the trackers etc was finished.
      But I suspect that you are looking for something like this....

      Jim Duncan
      North Texas Renewable Energy
      817.917.0527
      ntrei@...
      TECL 27398
      NABCEP Solar PV
      Certified 031310-57
      www.ntrei.com

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 12, 2012
        Thanks, Jim.

        Not bad, I suppose.  But see all that "roof" you have to build under those things just to support that "roof?"

        I am visiting with a custom manufacturer tomorrow, and bringing my "wish-list" up to date.

        Phil's fantasy spec is something that just screws down to a frame -- any frame -- wood, steel, aluminum, not the silly install track that every dink tries to out-do-each other with.

        Probably would not even have to have an aluminum frame.

        I am thinking if a crew can just unload R-panel from a truck and screw a metal roof down -- why not  a PV roof that works the same way?

        No plywood, no deck, no shingles, no metal panel(s) -- why pay for that twice?  acts as a radiant barrier, and is a 25 year (+) roof.

        btw, I put this on NTREG, as well , but did not see it come through.  Is NTREG working properly?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 12, 2012

          NTREG is on the air, I got 2 x of your first post.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 12, 2012

          How about the attached?

          Ralph Parrott

          Founder and Vice President of Business Development

          Alternative Power Solutions

          8181 Commerce Park #700

          Houston, Texas  77036

          O. 713-595-6375

          F. 713-595-6382

          C. 281-455-9083

          www.apowersolutions.com

          NEW APS Logo.jpg

          President

          http://www.txses.org/hreg

          IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission (including all attached pages) is intended only for the use of the named address(es), and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not a named addressee, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distributing or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy all copies and notify us immediately at this telephone number: (713) 595-6375. Thank you!