RE: [hreg] Offer 20KW wind turbine in Miami for Sale

  • Gary Beck
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012

      PS - Since in a former life I worked in the FRP business, I noted the PDF said the blades are manufactured by 'FRP Lay-up by hand' method. That may be a Chinese-English technical translation simplification, but this term is for a lower tech method used for fiberglass products like bathtubs, showerstalls, or pans or small boat hulls where weight and wall thickness and balance if less critical.

      If 'FRP Lay-up by hand' is done correctly by real trained pros with a QA program using patterned woven glass cloth and measured resin weights per sf, this method can work fine for small blades, performance boat hulls or maybe smaller aircraft wings.  But when product performance accuracy is needed in FRP (like for aircraft wings or big wind turbine blades) they are done by a higher tech methods, maybe vacuum resin infusion or some other resin tranfer method (RTM) over a mandrel patern or a foam core insert. This method keeps the blade's FRP wall thickness/weight very uniform and accurate (= stronger).

      For for something that turns with a high tip speed and subject to varying loads and vibrations that particular FRP manufacturing term does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling (unless the OEM also provides overspinning test results).

      "Sorry to be Conservative"

      Gary Beck, P.E., SECB, LEED AP

      Eco-Holdings LLC (F-7395) Tel: 713-377-4209 Fax: 832-201-5338

      4010 Blue Bonnet Blvd. Suite 114  Houston, Texas 77025

      www.txegr.com www.ecoegr.com

      From: kevin conlin <kevin@...>
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, January 6, 2012, 12:11 PM

      I’m curious, where would you use 380V AC?

      Kevin Conlin

      Heliosolar Design Inc

      PO Box 1938

      Alief, TX 77411

      281-202-9629

      kevin@...

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2012

        I noticed the same thing, a lot of key components are handmade……………..what do you do for spares?

        Kevin Conlin

        Heliosolar Design Inc

        PO Box 1938

        Alief, TX 77411