FW: Presentation for our staff?

  • ralph parrott
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2012
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Alejandro [mailto:alejandro@...]
      To: hreg@...
      Subject: Presentation for our staff?

      Hi!

      I would like to know if anyone from HREG would be interested in giving a
      brief presentation to our staff of community organizers.

      Here at Texas Campaign for the Environment, we invite organizations and
      individuals over to the office to give 1/2 hour presentations on the work
      that they do and issues affecting Texans.

      We'd love for y'all to tell us about HREG; what you do; and current
      developments in renewable energy technology and the market, as well as
      energy efficiency.

      Those are just some suggestions - the topic would be wide open.

      We can schedule the talk for 2pm, on any weekday except Mondays (and 12/20
      is reserved).

      The audience would be our staff of 10-20 canvassers who go door to door to
      educate and mobilize Houstonians on public health and sustainability issues.

      Our focus is improving the recycling of ewaste, and in the Houston office,
      the long-term goal of single-stream curbside recycling for all Houstonians.

      You can read more about us at www.texasenvironment.org

      Please let me know if anyone is available!

      Thank you,

      -Alejandro de la Torre
      Office Manager
      Texas Campaign for the Environment
      3100 Richmond Ave. STE 290
      Houston, TX 77098
      713-337-4192
      alejandro@...
    • Alyssa Burgin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2012
        Just a little encouragement--I did this a few months ago, gave a short presentation to their organizers. It was a terrific experience, because they were so receptive and so eager to learn more about our issues and our work. I hope someone from hreg will give it a shot.

        Alyssa Burgin, Director, Texas Drought Project

        On Thursday, January 5, 2012, ralph parrott <ralph.parrott@...> wrote:
> [...]
      • Travis Cagle
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2012

          Alejandro,

          I would be happy to talk with you about presenting to your group.  Please contact me early next week so we can discuss it.

          Travis Cagle

          Solar and Wind Power Consultant

          Alternative Power Solutions

          8181 Commerce Park #700