Solar3D Sets World Record for Silicon Solar Cell

  • ralph parrott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2012

      Tuesday, January 03, 2012

      SANTA BARBARA, Calif.--(Solar Energy News)--Solar3D, Inc. (OTCBB: SLTD), the developer of a breakthrough 3-dimensional solar cell technology to maximize the conversion of sunlight into electricity, has performed a series of tests of its new silicon solar cell design that projects the efficiency to be 25.47%, dramatically higher than current technology.

      “Our recent tests involve a larger design that contains multiple micro 3D photovoltaic structures that will make up a complete Solar3D cell. The results have exceeded our expectations,” said Jim Nelson, President and CEO of Solar3D. “If the results of the simulations hold up in fabrication, as we expect, our cell’s performance will be the highest conversion efficiency achieved in silicon solar cells.”

      The company’s innovative solar cell technology utilizes a 3-dimensional design, with increased cell surface area, to permit each solar cell to extract the maximum energy possible out of incident sunlight. Solar3D’s management believes that this breakthrough solar cell design will dramatically change the economics of solar energy.

      Nelson continued, “Our objective has always been to change the world by providing affordable solar power. At this level of conversion efficiency and expected manufacturing cost, we intend to do just that.”

      Solar3D completed the design of its new innovation, the 3-dimensional solar cell, several weeks ago. As the Company nears the completion of its prototype, management will seek a fabrication partner, most likely in the semiconductor industry, who will participate in bringing the product to market.

      “It will be continuing increases in solar cell efficiency, along with decreases in manufacturing costs, that will drive solar electricity to economic parity with current methods of power generation,” said Nelson. “With the efficiency that comes from our new design, we take a giant step in that direction.”

      Ralph Parrott

      President

      http://www.txses.org/hreg

      IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission (including all attached pages) is intended only for the use of the named address(es), and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not a named addressee, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distributing or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy all copies and notify us immediately at this telephone number: (713) 595-6375. Thank you!