A great reason to shop IKEA

  • Adeel Akhtar
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 6, 2011

      http://www.pv-tech.org/news/ikea_increases_southern_us_presence_by_75

      Many of you have probably seen the article already in today's Chronicle announcing IKEA's plans on installing a 1.3MW solar system on its Katy FWY facility.  If not, check it out on http://fuelfix.com/blog/2011/12/06/ikea-plans-to-install-solar-panels-on-houston-store/

      The above article from pv-tech.org goes into a bit more detail on IKEA's larger plans.  This goes a long way in giving solar energy mainstream credibility in our city!  I can't wait to go check this out first hand after its commissioned, and we should all do our best to take real action and support businesses in our area that operate environmentally friendly facilities.  Money talks - It will cause other businesses to follow suit!

      Happy Holidays.

    • evelyn sardina
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 7, 2011
        Thanks I will check it out!

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 2011
          IKEA rocks.
          We see their cabinetry often on the Austin Cool House Tour because they use sustainably farmed woods and low voc adhesives. They have been responsible for a long time.
          1.3MW is a very attractive system. Thanks for the heads up Adeel. This will go into the Solar News page on the TXSES Website.
          HREG folks...we check the solar news around the state (sometimes diligently and sometimes not depending on how busy we are). If you see something of interest
          in the Houston area, or anywhere in Texas for that mater, please send me the link.
          May thanks to you all,
          Lucy

          Lucy Stolzenburg
          Texas Solar Energy Society

          On Dec 6, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Adeel Akhtar wrote:

          http://www.pv-tech.org/news/ikea_increases_southern_us_presence_by_75

          Many of you have probably seen the article already in today's Chronicle announcing IKEA's plans on installing a 1.3MW solar system on its Katy FWY facility.  If not, check it out on http://fuelfix.com/blog/2011/12/06/ikea-plans-to-install-solar-panels-on-houston-store/

          The above article from pv-tech.org goes into a bit more detail on IKEA's larger plans.  This goes a long way in giving solar energy mainstream credibility in our city!  I can't wait to go check this out first hand after its commissioned, and we should all do our best to take real action and support businesses in our area that operate environmentally friendly facilities.  Money talks - It will cause other businesses to follow suit!

          Happy Holidays.

        • Eileen Nehiley
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 9, 2011
            That is surprising. The last I read in an article about the deforestation in China was that IKEA & Home Depot are among the companies that use illegally harvested wood . . . clear cutting in areas not allowed. Either they have changed their practices or something isn't accurate.

            Eileen

            --
            "In every culture and in every medical tradition before ours, healing was accomplished by moving energy." Albert Szent-Gyorgyi, Nobel Laureate in Medicine