Small business Saturday

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2011

      While many of us like to boycott shopping this weekend, especially black
      friday, there is a counter move. One of gardening lists that I follow
      in Florida has really gotten behind this. I think it is great.
      Shopping at the small business shops really keeps the money in our local
      communities. So, if there is something you need, go and buy it from a
      small business today. I would love to see this idea spread and take off.

      We are going to a local familiy owned small hardware store for a heating
      tape for our well this winter. I am so tired of broken pipes.
      Something we need, from a small business.
      Garth & Kim Travis
      www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
      Bedias, Texas
      936-395-0110
    • evelyn sardina
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2011
        Kim you are right on...... This year has been aweful... By opening stores earlier in the week those poor employees didn't even get dinner with their families. Anything can be purchased before or after Thanksgiving Day. I did not by anything during these days and was pleased to hear my niece this year say " I thought it would be great to go see a movie after dinner but then I thought that those employees that had to work. It's great to see our children grow up and start thinking of others for a change. I was so proud of her. "Well those employees are lucky to have a job".... Let me say this... I have nothing against people working on holidays, I think all those that think those employees are so lucky, should be out there working those jobs themselves!  Happy Holidays! Remember, "Be the change you want to see in the world". Evelyn