Solved: The Riddle of Vehicles

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2011
      Greetings,

      It took a lot of thinking, researching and talking, but we came up with
      a solution that will cut our energy usage and still be affordable.

      The idea of a second, or in our case third vehicle that gets great
      mileage is where we went. I now drive a Honda Rebel, a 250CC motorcycle
      that can handle highway speeds but still gets 84mpg. With that kind of
      economy, a mere 45,000 miles driven on it and not in my truck pays for
      the bike and accessories. I did add a sissy bar so I can easily strap
      on a back pack or cooler, so I can still do small farm deliveries, like
      shareholders that can't make the regular pick up.

      I originally got my motorcycle license about 40 years ago, so that was
      not a cost, although if hubby decides he wants to ride it, it will be.

      We will still have to replace the truck, sometime this winter, but it
      will be a much more reasonable search, since it will be strictly for
      hauling.

      One more step taken to lighten our foot print, a challenging one, but we
      made it.
      Garth & Kim Travis
      www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
      Bedias, Texas