October 27th HREG Meeting

  • ralph parrott
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2011

      Members

      I am officially declaring the 2011 Solar Tour and Green Energy Fair a complete success.  The group should be proud of the tireless tour leadership team and how HREG was represented in this event.  It was an awesome day and I believe fun was had by all.

      Now back to normal business.  HREG has secured two strong presenters for this quarters meeting on Thursday October 27th at 6:00 Pm.  We have secured Ms. Penny Todd of Centerpoint Energy to come and address the group on the deployment of Smart Meters, their value, and what is to be gained.  So for all of you that were really engaged in the board discussion a few weeks ago, this is your chance to end the speculation and hear it straight from our local utility company.

      We will also have Mr. Clayton Farmer with Bluegill Energy (www.bluegillenergy.com) on hand to give us a presentation on energy efficiency and how Smart Meters can aid in the struggle to improve home and building energy efficiency.

      I hope this will be one of the most well attended meetings of 2011 and I look forward to seeing you all there.

      Ralph Parrott

      President

      http://www.txses.org/hreg

    • Garth & Kim Travis
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2011

        This is a great idea for one side of the argument, but it will be far
        from a complete presentation. Utility companies are not qualified or
        interested in talking about the health hazards of their equipment. If
        you would like, I can find you a presenter for the next meeting to
        present the other side of the issue. Or perhaps two presenters as the
        environmental issues such as the effect on bees, birds and wild life
        also needs to be addressed.

        I however will not be in attendance since it is not possible, at this
        time to have a fragrance free event. My health will not tolerate dryer
        sheet residue, cologne, fragrant hand lotions or normal cleaning products.

        Bright Blessings,
        Garth & Kim Travis
        www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
        Bedias, Texas
        936-395-0110

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2011

          Correction!!!! The meeting starts at 7:00 PM.

[...]

          cid:image002.jpg@01CC8E3E.7428F6E0

          http://www.txses.org/hreg

        • Ariel Thomann
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 20, 2011
            Sorry I'll miss it again.  I know I'm just one guy, but I do wish we could go back to weekend meetings.
            Peace
            Ariel