Re: [hreg] new trucks

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 8, 2011
      It is wonderful to see that they are being built, but the price, ouch.
      The farm needs to be able to pay for the truck, and they are three times
      the budget. I wish I was richer, they look great. Maybe my next truck,
      in about 15 years will be one. There is not a lot of money is raising food.

      Bright Blessings,
      Garth & Kim Travis
      www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
      Bedias, Texas
      936-395-0110

    • russellrwarren@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 8, 2011
        I would get a low end diesel for a great tow capacity and good mileage (for a truck). You could then experiment with using or even making biofuel for it.

        Sent from my iPhone

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 2011

          We did that back in 2005, I had a Volkswagen Gulf TDI. However, we
          found that making biodiesel is not fun. I have lots of waste veggie
          oil, as my tractor runs on it, but the new diesels will not run on it.
          My chemical sensitivity makes doing biodiesel an impossibility for me,
          unfortunately, and hubby hated doing it.