RE: [hreg] smart meters

  • Gary Beck
    Message 1 of 32 , Sep 10, 2011

      I have no problem with agreeing to chemical sensitivities since humans did not evolve around some of the new chemical things we are capable of inventing and adopting.

      The chemistry or biological reactions are convoluted, individually complex, capable of traveling and changing by hosts, and even evolving across effected human generations. It is just not possible to test for every possibility that may take a generation or two to become visible.

      I also have no problem with those that are concerned about the smart meter aspects of 'Big Brother' taking over our lives (Both '1984' and '2001 A Space Odyssey' were a long time ago). Same idea with smart phone GPS tracking etc. But I like to use GPS so I risk it. I also like electricity and I don't want more power plants built than are required, so I will tolerate smart meters. If I wanted to be off grid I could probably do it (build small, go all solar, use paper maps, buy with cash, not pay taxes,…hmmm…)

      Speaking like a nerd, The power density of an electromagnetic energy wave diminishes with the either the simple square of the distance and is easily directionally shielded by something as simple as aluminum foil. Not trusting the designer? Remember the aluminum cone hats in 'Signs'? They would work against most alien brain scans so I think they would also work against smart meters - though a full aluminum body wrap might be needed.

      Speaking like an business entrepreneur, I simply have a problem with the concept of a 'designed-to-be-unhealthy' smart meter when it would cost less in the long run to design it to be healthy.  It could happen, but very unlikely. That is because these types of devices will be both designed by teams of hundreds of people (all keeping the deadly secret hidden?) and also made by multiple competing companies (no sales guy saying 'Buy ours because it will not kill your customers'?). So it is 'probably' very unlikely one consistently unhealthy design would make it into the public sector.

      Gary Beck,

      Eco-Holdings LLC

      www.texasengineer.com

      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 15, 2011
        Hi Kim and Garth,
        I'm interested in that story. Do you have a link?
        Thank you,
        Alan Lammey

        Alan M. Lammey
        Energy Analyst & Consultant