Information, please

  • ChasMauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2001
      Dear Ms. Scott:

      I am a member of the Houston Renewable Energy Group in Houston, TX which is a
      local affiliate of the Texas Solar Energy Society. We have been following the
      electric deregulation process with great interest and are trying to educate
      ourselves about it as much as possible. Naturally the fact that GME's power
      comes entirely from wind is very interesting to us -- almost too good to be
      true -- and we would like to support your efforts provided the cost is not
      significantly greater than what is available from other suppliers, and there
      are no hidden "catches" in your all-wind representations.

      You seem to have a great product but your sales job is difficult. For
      instance, I spoke with some friends last night who have signed up with
      another supplier (I forget the name but am sure you know) who offered free
      power in December (the lowest demand month, of course) and free mileage on
      some airline -- a very common marketing device everybody and his dog seems to
      be using these days. I find it hard to imagine so many would go for such
      ploys but they seem to do so.

      Clearly folks like us would be your best prospects for customers but some are
      doubtful of the all-wind claims and fear there might be "catches" somewhere,
      and of course cost is always a factor for everyone. We have been debating
      whether we should sign up with GME and many if not most of us probably would
      if we were comfortable with these facts.

      We are having our bimonthly meeting this Sunday and if you could send me any
      literature you might have including any cost comparisons you have done with
      the other suppliers, confirmation of your power sources, and any other
      clarifying material you might have available, it would be much appreciated.

      Also several have expressed interest in buying stock in your company but it
      appears that GMP is a publicly traded stock but GME is privately held -- is
      that correct? If the stock is available, I would appreciate your investor
      relations department sending an investor's package. Please send this to me at
      the address shown below.

      Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing from you.

      Charles Mauch
      4848 Pin Oak Park #1501
      Houston, TX 77081