Re: [hreg] free insulation

  • Stephanie Edwards-Musa
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12, 2011
      Hi Russell,

      That's amazing.  I might be interested, where are you?

      Stephanie Edwards-Musa
      Mobile:  281-635-9444

      On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Russell Warren <russellrwarren@...> wrote:

      This is somewhat off topic, but I wanted to see if anyone was interested in some free fiberglass insulation.

      My builder did a terrible job with the insulation in my house.  They didn't air seal anything, in some cases left wide open gaps all the way from the attic to the slab, and generally put way too little insulation.
      Last fall I took up about 1000 sq ft of my white blown in fiberglass (using a shop vac), bagged it up, and left it in my garage.  I then completely covered gaps and air sealed everything.  I decided to use blown in cellulose and really like the results after seeing the winter and summer seasons.

      I was going to add the old insulation to other parts of my attic, but have decided that this fall I am going to pull up the rest and air seal everything, which is another 1500 sq ft.  To keep it uniform and easy, I will probably use cellulose again.

      So long story short, I have about 20+ large garbage bags of mostly white blown in fiberglass, plus some yellow fiberglass batts that are looking for a good home.  I would rather not throw them away to a landfill.  I also will have another 30 bags later this year most likely.   If anyone is interested in this to add to their attic, please contact me to discuss.

      Russell

    • Bashir Syed
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 7, 2011
        OIL, GAS and Nuclear lobbies are the most owerful in this country. I was in Shanghai, last year (May 2010) attending the SNEC PV Power Expo, where I ran into a distant relative of mine, Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering from McGill University, who was hired as Project Manager, for two Power Reactors,  by a company of different name but part of old Westinghouse. They have the same design as used in Fukishyma units. Obama's plan to promote SOLAR or Green Energy is being undermined by a subsidiary of CATO institute, which published a book condemning Green Energy and its AD was published in Foreign Policy Magazine, June, 2011 to poson the minds of Foreign investors or people interested imn opting for Solar Energy Solutions.

        Bashir A. Syed
        Vice Pres., R&D
        Alt-EnergyTech, Inc.
        508 Texas Ave.,