RE: [hreg] Speaking of air issues....

  • Russell Warren
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011
      I work for a distributor of several major brands of LED lighting including CREE, Cooper and GE.
      By far (I would say a 5 to 1 ratio), the early adopters of LED lighting has been the oil & gas industry, especially refineries / chemical plants.

      The #1 reason for LED lighting is to reduce the load on existing circuits so they can add other devices without running new circuits or increasing their breaker size.
      They are also the ones with the most open budget for the up front cost.

      Russell

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011
        Ron wrote:
        I remember reading some 15 years ago that future wars will be fought over
        water, and that was before Global Warming was fully realized. And the
        current drought is making things even worse. I'm hearing that the Hill
        Country is experiencing problems with their water turbines due to dried-up
        rivers. So it appears that these two resources are going to have to 'fight
        it out.'

        You are so right, Ron.  Starting with Darfur, Turkey damming the Tigris and Euphrates, etc, etc.  History recurs.

        Check out: http://www.cechouston.org/2011/07/31/movie-blue-gold-world-water-wars/
        Wish I could go to it!
        Peace
        Ariel