Re: [hreg] Speaking of air issues....

  • Ron Foster
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 2011
      I remember reading some 15 years ago that future wars will be fought over water, and that was before Global Warming was fully realized. And the current drought is making things even worse. I'm hearing that the Hill Country is experiencing problems with their water turbines due to dried-up rivers. So it appears that these two resources are going to have to 'fight it out.'

      All of this underscores our goal to reduce and find better ways to produce energy.

      I'm currently working with a relatively new company, WES LED Technology, that is installing LEDs at several large entities to replace old--world lighting with LEDs, a move that will reduce their lighting bill by 60-90%, thus cutting their overall bill by as much as 50%. They have no gases and can be recycled as well.

      Anyone care to join me?  School districts can save enough to save hundreds of teacher jobs.

      Ron Foster

      On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 1:46 PM, SusanD <texasblessings@...> wrote:

      The "White Stallion Energy Center" coal and pet-coke fired plant proposed for Matagorda County was handed a heavy blow this week when the Lower Colorado River Authority cancelled a meeting where the Board of Directors was to vote on giving them 25,400 acre-feet of water annually out of the river (about 8 billion gallons). The LCRA said that WSEC came to them with substantial changes to the proposed contract and that they could no longe recommend granting the water rights.

      This great news not only because the Colorado's ablity to support life in the bays and estuaries with its fresh water inflow has been crippled by this drought without the additional upsteam demands but also because WSEC was going to be permitted to spew tons of toxins into the air.

      Score one for the good guys!!

      Susan Dancer

      --
      Ron Foster – President
      Solar Panels of America LLC
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 7, 2011

        Ron:

        HISD has committed to energy efficient renovation of its facilities.

        http://www.houstonisd.org/portal/site/EnergyManagement/menuitem.c22ee21f761cc5b9cd9b7ce2c141f76a/?vgnextoid=6540aa6297c9e210VgnVCM10000028147fa6RCRD&vgnextchannel=437151993ea9e210VgnVCM10000028147fa6RCRD

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 7, 2011
          Thanks, Tyra!

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011
            I work for a distributor of several major brands of LED lighting including CREE, Cooper and GE.
            By far (I would say a 5 to 1 ratio), the early adopters of LED lighting has been the oil & gas industry, especially refineries / chemical plants.

            The #1 reason for LED lighting is to reduce the load on existing circuits so they can add other devices without running new circuits or increasing their breaker size.
            They are also the ones with the most open budget for the up front cost.

            Russell

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 8, 2011
              Ron wrote:
              I remember reading some 15 years ago that future wars will be fought over
              water, and that was before Global Warming was fully realized. And the
              current drought is making things even worse. I'm hearing that the Hill
              Country is experiencing problems with their water turbines due to dried-up
              rivers. So it appears that these two resources are going to have to 'fight
              it out.'

              You are so right, Ron.  Starting with Darfur, Turkey damming the Tigris and Euphrates, etc, etc.  History recurs.

              Check out: http://www.cechouston.org/2011/07/31/movie-blue-gold-world-water-wars/
              Wish I could go to it!
              Peace
              Ariel