RE: [hreg] skylight

  • Robert Johnston
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5 5:41 PM

      Aerogels are translucent yet good insulators.  They have been used in commercial skylights.  Google it.  Here is one example link:  http://www.wascoskylights.com/commercial/lumira_aerogel

      Robert Johnston

      From: hreg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hreg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of betina wolfowicz
      Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 12:24 PM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [hreg] skylight

      I like the skylight in the dining room.. It illuminates the place real well.  Can anybody suggest a way to insulated it in the summer?   Are there any products such as skylight shades?  Would the mesh tarps they use to shade swimming pools do the job?  Betina

    • betina wolfowicz
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 6 10:32 AM
        Thank you Robert, it seems a very practical solution.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 6 11:18 AM
          Thank you.  I found www.skylightheatblockers.com   Perhaps it is cheaper than replacing the skylight with an aerogel...

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 13 6:49 AM

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 13 6:52 AM
              They do sell solar screens.  Great thing I went over your letter again.  They tell you at Lowe's to set it up indoors.  But it would not make sense to do it that way right?  It needs to work like a hat.