Re: [hreg] Re: Ponder this

  • evelyn sardina
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2011
      We also need to remember that we have sweat shops right here! There is all kinds of
      slave labor and sweat shops going on in the United States so we can't be one sided. The one thing we can do is try to make the best decisions and to conserve.

      1. Needed gift for little boy's birthday.
      2. Looking for bowling pins.
      3. Looked in toy stores in Old Town Spring and Specialty toy shops in Woodlands
         (trying to buy from little guys)
      4. Can't find any made in USA in the small shops...
      5. Found in Toys are Us..... bought..... delivered..... everyone is happy!

      You might say that I went around too many times for one item but I didn't. I shopped while
      I was already out and about. I knew I could get the 5 dollar bowling pins at Dollar General that were made in China (nothing against China) but I resisted temptation. The key is conscience versus convienience. We just have to change our mind sets. I find that I hardly
      need to buy anything.... I just buy. Now, I make an effort to think before I buy. This is true for almost all of my actions including recycling, composting, how I drive, etc.....
      Evelyn

      From: evelyn sardina <evelynsardina@...>
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 4:59 PM

      Yes it is great! They have a several websites with merchandise all made in the USA. Not all sustainable but at least made here. Some of the stories not a success as they document the companies that go down trying to compete with over seas. So not all happy stories....
      Amish furniture now looks modern if you want something more modern, etc. Very cool! Thanks for sharing, Evelyn