Re: [hreg] A successful efficient & cost effective geothermal system

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2011

      We have survived many winters with this plan, sprouting grains. My
      sheep, kindly decided their favorite sprout was milo, the cheapest grain
      on the market. However, I don't have the time or the building space to
      do sprouts for all my animals, now the flerd has grown. [a flerd is a
      combination of flock and herd, generally meaning sheep and cows.]

      If this drought continues, and with the advent of gmo alfalfa, I will
      probably have to go back to doing this. It is annoying to have to feed
      in the summer months, I have never needed to before. Buying hay in May
      really hurts considering we bought our first hay in January of this
      year. We produced sufficient for our needs every year until this year.

      Like all farmers, in Texas today, we are being seriously hurt. The
      Houston City Health department exerted pressure to destroy SB2084 and
      caused mayhem on SB81, to all our detriments. Those bills would have
      given the small family farm a bit of breathing room.

      Bright Blessings,
      Garth & Kim Travis
      www.TheRoseColoredForest.com
      Bedias, Texas