RE: [hreg] A successful efficient & cost effective geothermal system

  • Otto Glaser
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2011
      Kim: I enjoyed reading about your operation. Take a look at sun roads
      farmory.com. They have a unique method of producing cattle feed. Otto Glaser
      oglaser@...

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2011

        We have survived many winters with this plan, sprouting grains. My
        sheep, kindly decided their favorite sprout was milo, the cheapest grain
        on the market. However, I don't have the time or the building space to
        do sprouts for all my animals, now the flerd has grown. [a flerd is a
        combination of flock and herd, generally meaning sheep and cows.]

        If this drought continues, and with the advent of gmo alfalfa, I will
        probably have to go back to doing this. It is annoying to have to feed
        in the summer months, I have never needed to before. Buying hay in May
        really hurts considering we bought our first hay in January of this
        year. We produced sufficient for our needs every year until this year.

        Like all farmers, in Texas today, we are being seriously hurt. The
        Houston City Health department exerted pressure to destroy SB2084 and
        caused mayhem on SB81, to all our detriments. Those bills would have
        given the small family farm a bit of breathing room.