Chance to help stop a really bad bill

  • David
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2011
      Take a minute and make a call, a really bad amendment got added to a piece of legislation late at night and it needs to be stopped.

      Please CONTACT YOUR TEXAS SENATOR IMMEDIATELY!!!
      • Birdwell, Brian
      • Carona, John
      • Davis, Wendy
      • Deuell, Bob
      • Duncan, Robert
      • Ellis, Rodney
      • Eltife, Kevin
      • Estes, Craig
      • Fraser, Troy
      • Gallegos, Mario, Jr.
      • Harris, Chris
      • Hegar, Glenn
      • Hinojosa, Juan "Chuy"
      • Huffman, Joan
      • Jackson, Mike
      • Lucio, Eddie, Jr.
      • Nelson, Jane
      • Nichols, Robert
      • Ogden, Steve
      • Patrick, Dan
      • Rodriguez, Jose
      • Seliger, Kel
      • Shapiro, Florence
      • Uresti, Carlos
      • Van de Putte, Leticia
      • Watson, Kirk
      • Wentworth, Jeff
      • West, Royce
      • Whitmire, John
      • Williams, Tommy
      • Zaffirini, Judith

      Rep. Dennis Bonnen unexpectedly put a horrible amendment on an already bad (but previously limited) bill - SB 875 - that now makes the bill universally bad.The bill passed in the House. Bonnen's amendment gives immunity from ALL nuisance suits!!! It strips your right to protect your property and your health from pollution from ANY SOURCE. If mercury from a coal plant contaminated your lake or pond, you couldn't do anything about it. If sulfur from that coal plant destroyed your pecan trees, your roof or even if it impaired your breathing - you'd be out of luck. If toxic runoff from an industry or CAFO reached your land or creek, there would be nothing you could do. The immunity goes for pollution of land, water or air. It's that bad!!! The bill could come up on at any time. Please email or call RIGHT AWAY!!! Immediately!!!

      Please contact your State Senator IMMEDIATELY! Urge them to vote NO on SB 875.

      Failing that, at least strip the Bonnen amendment from the bill. Ask them to take at least 48 hours so they can look at the bill carefully.

      Thanks,
      David
    • Ron Foster
      Message 2 of 2 , May 26, 2011
        Thanks for letting us know, David. I called Dan Patrick's office and pleaded with the lady to get this amendment out of that bill, then I emailed him, using the same language you use below, but substituting 'your' for 'my.'

        Ron Foster

        --
        Ron Foster – President
        Solar Panels of America LLC