A charter member of HREG as Houston's 2011 Green Entrepreneur of the Year

  • Garth & Kim Travis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12 6:30 AM
      /*Dear Garth & Kim*/

      /*
      */Please join us to help us honor our own /**/LaVerne Williams/**/as/*
      **
      **
      *Houston**'s 2011 Greenpreneur /(Green Entrepreneur)/ of the year*
      **
      *Event Details*
      *The Houston Black Expo**, in conjunction with the **_Houston Citizens
      Chamber of Commerce_**and the***_Houston Area Urban League_***,**is
      proud to co-present our first annual Corporate Breakfast and
      Eco-Enterprise Summit. The theme for these events centers on ensuring
      that we recognize those who are intentional about eco-friendly behaviors
      in business and that we educate those who desire to work in or develop
      their own green businesses about the opportunities that exist.*
      **
      *With our first annual **“Green Giants” Corporate Breakfast**, we will
      present awards to Texas’ **“Green Giants”**– businesses and corporations
      that are committed to employing green operations, to utilizing
      alternative energy sources and to engaging in eco-friendly behaviors
      that help to preserve the world in which we all work and live.*
      **
      *Immediately following the Corporate Breakfast, we will host our first
      annual **“Making Green, Going Green” Eco-Enterprise Summit**(FREE) **to
      educate business owners on how to move into environmentally-responsible
      green operations, including the use of green energy and the latest green
      workplace innovations. We will also educate attendees on the various
      types of jobs and careers available in the environmental industry,
      followed by a forum to introduce them to businesses that have
      environment-related job positions available (from entry to executive
      level). *
      **
      *"The Greenpreneur of 2011"**Award is given to an established business
      owner whose business has a primary focus in or on the green or
      environmental arena and must have as its primary mission the
      preservation of our environment. In addition, Mr. Williams is being
      honored for demonstrating exemplary leadership in innovating change in
      green or eco friendly entrepreneurship. The award is also based upon Mr.
      Williams advocacy and community education around green Architecture,
      construction, products, services and initiatives.*
      **
      *Houston**Black Expo's *
      *Green Giants Corporate Breakfast*
      *May 20, 2011*
      *George**R. Brown Convention Center*
      *Ballroom A*
      *7:30 a.m. Registration*
      *8:00 a.m. Breakfast*
      *To Register for the Breakfast and more info about the events, go to:*
      http://www.houstonblackexpo.com/events/2011-summer-celebration/40.html
      <http://www.SpeSend.net/SpeClicks.aspx?X=2R0ITMOUHZZAGP5C00ZIWD>

      *(Please note that the Breakfast and Eco-Enterprise Summit seminars are
      being held on Friday, May 2oth, and the actual Expo is on May 21 & 22 **)

      *
      **
      *Eco-Enterprise Summit **10:30am to 2:00pm Friday (FREE)*
      *Entrepreneurs Panel *
      *Time:**11:45 am – 12:35 pm*
      Learn the REAL TRUTH about what it takes to start and maintain a
      thriving business in the GREEN arena from business experts that have
      done it themselves!
      business owners discussing their experiences as entrepreneurs, the ways
      they improved their businesses by “greening” their products and
      services, and their experiences of becoming part of the expanding green
      economy.
      Panelists:
      ·LaVerne Williams, AIA, LEED AP of Environment Associates, Architects &
      Consultants
      ·Sherman Lewis of The Lewis Group
      ·David Anderson of The GAIA Group
      ·and others!
      */We hope you can share in our excitement and in our support in his
      receiving this award. We look forward to seeing you there and appreciate
      your presence at this special event./*/

      *The Staff of Environment Associates */
      ***__**__*
      *To no longer receive these email announcements, please email
      *Maecella@... <mailto:Maecella@...>or
      call 713-528-0000 and ask to be removed from this list, which we will
      gladly do. It is preferred that you contact us instead of using the
      Opt-Out option below by SwiftPage.
      */

      Sent to:*gartht@...*
      If you prefer not to receive
      future e-mails of this type,
      click here
      <http://www.SpeSend.net/SpeSupIt.aspx?X=2R0ITMOUHZZAGP5C00ZIWD&Addr=gartht%7E%7E2windstream.net>

      Sent By:
      *Environment Associates, Architects & Consultants*
      5828 Langfield Rd.
      Houston TX 77092
      U.S.A.

      <http://www.SpeSend.net/PowrdBy1.htm>

      To view as a web pageTo view as a web page
      <https://www.SpeSend.net/speasapage.aspx?X=2R0ITMOUHZZAGP5C00ZIWD>.

      <http://www.SpeSend.net/SpeForward.aspx?X=2R0ITMOUHZZAGP5C00ZIWD>