Re: Amory Lovins, Rocky Mountain Institute, PDF Winning the Oil End Game, March 2005

  • SusanD
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2011
      I am currently reading "Natural Capitalism" by Amory and his ex-wife Hunter along with Paul Hawken. It, too, is a little out of date (Published in '99) but it poses some wonderful and very doable changes that make me more optimistic about the world in general.

      Amory does, at least, have the government's ear and he is effective in creating change. He is even consulting with many large corporations like Wal-Mart to help them meet their financial goals using whole-system analysis and energy efficiency, better building standards and such.

      I try to go visit his Rocky Mountain Institute near Aspen every fall. Any of you who haven't been there should really go if the opportunity presents itself. It is truly a place of great hope and motivation and shows in real-working-life that the ideas he proposes, set into motion, can work. The other thing I like about his work is that there are nearly as many citations in the rear of the book as there is book, itself. He does a great job of documenting the research his ideologies are based on.

      Obviously, I am a big fan....

      Susan