Introducing Our 2011 ASES Houston Solar Tour Director

  • ralph parrott
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2011

      Members

      Item #1

      I am pleased to announce that we have found a Director for the ASES 2011 Houston Solar Tour.  I would like to introduce you all to Ms. Jane Edgar.

      Born in Brazil to Irish parents, Jane was educated in London completing her BSc in environmental science. Her work took her from London to Scotland and the North Sea to Siberia and many other international assignments.  Jane arrived in Houston ten years ago.  She brings over 20 years of experience from the energy sector directing and coordinating major R&D and implementation of environmental projects.

      Jane was also the Managing contractor for major offshore pipeline construction. Most recently Jane worked in shipping which included hybrid marine power, carbon management, and recovering waste management.

       Jane is currently pursing LEED green associate.  Jane also is a solar energy system owner.

      Please join me in welcoming Jane to HREG and the Solar Tour.

      Item #2

      We have been blessed to attract some key personnel to the Solar Tour Leadership team.  We still have some positions to fill.

      Tour Director – Jane Edgar

      Project Site Chair - Lynden Foley

      Sponsorship Chair - Henry Vadie

      Guide Chair - Vacant

      Social Media Chair - Matthias Jung

      PR and Marketing Chair - Vacant

      Graphics Branding and Advertising Chair - Vacant

      Community Involvement Chair - Rami Subramaniam

      Mass Transportation (Bus) Chair - Vacant

      Volunteers Chair - Vacant

      Event Chair - Vacant

      Post Event Survey Chair - Steve Stelzer

      Treasurer - Vacant

      Confirmed Advisors: Kathleen Reardon

      Please contact me if you would like to be considered as a Chairperson for this Year’s Solar Tour.

      Item #3

      The following persons have volunteered to work the HREG booth at this year’s Houston Earth Day celebration to be held at Discovery Green on Saturday April 23rd.

      Mike Ewert– Event and Volunteer Coordinator

      mkewert@...

      Volunteers – Kathleen Reardon, Kevin Conlin, Katherine Warren, Rami Subramaniam, Jay Ring

      Our course we still need more volunteers.  Please contact Mike or myself if you have a couple of hours to spare.

      Item #4

      It is confirmed that our next meeting will be on Thursday April 21st from 6:30 to 8:00 PM.  I am trying to change the information on the website to reflect the same.

      Stay tuned for an agenda and an announcement of our speakers.

      Regards,

      Ralph Parrott

      President

      http://www.txses.org/hreg

    • mkewert@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2011
        Ralph,
        That is fantastic news!  I look forward to meeting Jane and the other new volunteers.  Can you confirm the date that HREG will conduct our tour this year so we can all put it on our calendars?
        Thanks,
        Mike

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2011

          The confirmed solar tour date is Saturday October 8th.

          Regards,

          Ralph Parrott

          President

          http://www.txses.org/hreg

          IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission (including all attached pages) is intended only for the use of the named address(es), and may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not a named addressee, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distributing or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy all copies and notify us immediately at this telephone number: (713) 595-6375. Thank you!