RE: [hreg] Reliant Time of Use Plan fact sheet

  • Philip Timmons
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5 9:17 AM
      Good point on the higher use customers getting the deeper night discounts. We have some large industrial customers who have negotiated about 1/2 off in the deep night.

      Back down to our more human scale, we have noted that TXU and Reliant do buy-backs, and like you observed -- Green Mountain's methods tend to be so confusing even GM cannot seem to keep them straight.

      Have you seen the Time of Use billing for Nevada? It is severe.

      36 cents on Peak, 6.5 cents offest off Peak.

      http://www.nvenergy.com/business/paymentbilling/timeofusenorth.cfm

      Since Solar (PV mostly, but Thermal especially) generation so closely matches the Daily Peak / Time of Use, I have been looking to use that as a potential offset, and figured somewhere down the line Time of Production that matched the Peak(s) would get a bonus. However, I see nothing like that coming soon in Texas. But a girl can dream, huh?

      Date: Tuesday, April 5, 2011, 7:19 AM

      For those in a Reliant use area, here is the fact sheet for their
      Time of
      Use plan for people with Smart Meters already
      installed.
      Of note, there is no base monthly fee and no penalty for
      using under
      1000
      kWh.
    • Andrea Wisner
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5 10:05 AM
        I just renewed with Green Mountain and their current "Electricity Facts Label" sheet states a flat rate of $0.100259 for Centerpoint territory, but the "average price" when calculating usage plus fees (base charge and advance metering fee) is $0.118 for 500 kwh, $0.109 for 1000 kwh, and $0.105 for 2000 kwh. I see no indication of a low-usage fee as some of the others have.

        I look forward to the time when all the Smart Meters are installed and "time of use" rates become competitive. I do not yet have a Smart Meter installed at my house. I understand there is no way to request an "early " installation.

        From:
        To:
        hreg@yahoogroups.com