[hreg] Re: CEC membership

  • JClem412@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2000
      HREG,

      I picked up a CEC Directory ("2000 Environmental Resource Guide") this week
      during the CEC Annual Meeting. Good stuff. More copies are available for
      $10. I recommend it - info on so many good organizations. Good layout -
      each org has a Purpose Statement, Publications, Meeting Time, Speakers
      Bureau, Volunteer Opportunities.

      To order:

      Send $10 (tax incl) Check or Money Order to "CEC"
      3015 Richmond Suite 270
      Houston, TX 77098

      else call 713 524-4CEC (4232)

      Jonathan
    • OLafleur@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2000
        Hello All!

        I would really like for us to do our best to keep the HREG name. HREG is already out there (unofficially)and if we change it, that will be like reestabilshing the organization all over. How difficult is it for us to set up HREG as a non profit organization? We have the Officers in place and we can always take another group's bye-laws and modify them to suit HREG then register as a non profit organization. Is there more to it then that? I think I have the bye-laws of a non profit organization on disk that I can share with the group to see if we can use it as a guide. I will confirm later, if you wish.

        I think it will be fun establishing our own identity as the HREG organization. I have been looking forward to it for a year now.

        HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

        Oral