Next HREG meeting June 10th is a solar picnic

  • Mike Ewert
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2001
      There will NOT be a regular HREG meeting on the last Sunday in May.
      Instead, our next meeting will be on Sunday June 10th from 2 - 4 pm and it
      will be a Solar Picnic! This idea came up in our e-mail discussions several
      months back, so I hope all of you can join us, particularly those who have
      some solar cooking experience. If you have a solar cooker you can bring and
      cook something for us, please e-mail me at mike.ewert@... so that I can
      get an idea how many we will have.

      IMPORTANT: The, the location will be different than our usual meeting place
      at TSU. Kevin Conlin, one of our members and a local solar businessman, has
      agreed to host the meeting/picnic at his business, Solarcraft, in Stafford.
      This will be a nice place for it, as he has a nice grassy yard where he has
      set up several PV systems for display. He also has indoor facilities, so we
      will have the meeting rain or shine.

      So, our agenda will include:
      Solar cooking demonstration, discussion & eating.
      Tour of Kevin's PV displays & words from a solar professional.
      Report on Earth Day and planning for future activities.
      Anything else Oral wants to add.

      Kevin, will you please send us directions to your place.

      I hope to see you all there!
    • James Ferrill
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2001
        I'll be there. I'll bring my box cooker, but it's not in the best of shape
        and even then, it wouldn't cook food in that short timeframe. I'll bring
        the utensils I use if anyone wants some ideas on how to cook certain
        things. I can print out plans for different ovens off of the solar cooking
        archive if anyone is interested. I was gong to buy a Solar Chef a few
        months ago, but I waited too long and they don't sell them anymore.

        James

        At 08:07 AM 5/26/2001, you wrote:
        >There will NOT be a regular HREG meeting on the last Sunday in May.
        >Instead, our next meeting will be on Sunday June 10th from 2 - 4 pm and it
        >will be a Solar Picnic! This idea came up in our e-mail discussions several
        >months back, so I hope all of you can join us, particularly those who have
        >some solar cooking experience. If you have a solar cooker you can bring and
        >cook something for us, please e-mail me at mike.ewert@... so that I can
        >get an idea how many we will have.
        >
        >IMPORTANT: The, the location will be different than our usual meeting place
        >at TSU. Kevin Conlin, one of our members and a local solar businessman, has
        >agreed to host the meeting/picnic at his business, Solarcraft, in Stafford.
        >This will be a nice place for it, as he has a nice grassy yard where he has
        >set up several PV systems for display. He also has indoor facilities, so we
        >will have the meeting rain or shine.
        >
        >So, our agenda will include:
        >Solar cooking demonstration, discussion & eating.
        >Tour of Kevin's PV displays & words from a solar professional.
        >Report on Earth Day and planning for future activities.
        >Anything else Oral wants to add.
        >
        >Kevin, will you please send us directions to your place.
        >
        >I hope to see you all there!
      • Kevin L. Conlin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2001
          Hi Folks, I'll probably stoke up an old fashioned carbon fire just in case,
          was planning to have some appetizers and such. I'll also take care of the
          cold drinks. Here's the destructions:

          The easiest way to find my facility is to take the Beltway, I'm the first
          exit east of 59. Take the Airport exit from either direction. From the
          West you'll go through the intersection at Airport and take the first Right,
          Stafford Rd. From the East you'll U-turn under the Beltway and take the
          same Right. (There is a large grove of trees at Stafford Rd and the
          Beltway.) Once you turn on Stafford Rd you can see my white building in the
          distance. Go through two Stop signs, then turn Right into my driveway.
          You should see the Solar Sapiens sculpture and the sign for the Texas Solar
          Energy Center to your right.

          I hope Oral or someone from TSU can make it, I've talked to Reliant about
          donating two Solar Sapiens sculptures to the TSU campus in honor of the late
          Dr. Josh Hill, and they have approved the idea, but some details have to
          worked out. Look forward to seeing y'all and finally putting faces to some
          of the names. Best Regards, Kevin

          Just in case, my office # is 281 495 0438, cell 281 960 8979
          > I'll be there. I'll bring my box cooker, but it's not in the best of shape
          > and even then, it wouldn't cook food in that short timeframe. I'll bring
          > the utensils I use if anyone wants some ideas on how to cook certain
          > things. I can print out plans for different ovens off of the solar cooking
          > archive if anyone is interested. I was gong to buy a Solar Chef a few
          > months ago, but I waited too long and they don't sell them anymore.
          >
          > James
          >
          > At 08:07 AM 5/26/2001, you wrote:
          > >There will NOT be a regular HREG meeting on the last Sunday in May.
          > >Instead, our next meeting will be on Sunday June 10th from 2 - 4 pm and
          it
          > >will be a Solar Picnic! This idea came up in our e-mail discussions
          several
          > >months back, so I hope all of you can join us, particularly those who
          have
          > >some solar cooking experience. If you have a solar cooker you can bring
          and
          > >cook something for us, please e-mail me at mike.ewert@... so that I
          can
          > >get an idea how many we will have.
          > >
          > >IMPORTANT: The, the location will be different than our usual meeting
          place
          > >at TSU. Kevin Conlin, one of our members and a local solar businessman,
          has
          > >agreed to host the meeting/picnic at his business, Solarcraft, in
          Stafford.
          > >This will be a nice place for it, as he has a nice grassy yard where he
          has
          > >set up several PV systems for display. He also has indoor facilities, so
          we
          > >will have the meeting rain or shine.
          > >
          > >So, our agenda will include:
          > >Solar cooking demonstration, discussion & eating.
          > >Tour of Kevin's PV displays & words from a solar professional.
          > >Report on Earth Day and planning for future activities.
          > >Anything else Oral wants to add.
          > >
          > >Kevin, will you please send us directions to your place.
          > >
          > >I hope to see you all there!

        • EXT-Mendell, Christopher N
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 5, 2001
            Darn, I will be out of town this weekend - otherwise I would surely attend .
            Chris