Good movie!

  • Ariel Thomann
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2011
      i just saw the movie "Even the Rain" at the River Oaks theater.  It is very good, and has English subtitles - sadly, those two characteristics doom it in the US marketplace.  I "just HAD to see it" since I remember the press coverage from ten years ago - you see, my father was born in Cochabamba, Bolivia, so I pay a bit of attention to what happens there.  From what I know, the water situation was just as it is presented in the movie.

      Check out http://www.cbc.ca/news/features/water/bolivia.html and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochabamba_Riots_of_2000

      For some older background on the issue above and beyond Bolivia, you may wish to see
      http://www.flowthefilm.com/: and http://www.whatawaytogomovie.com/

      My summary: there has to be a limit to capitalistic greed, at least when it comes to something as vital as water
      Peace.
      Ariel