Re: [hreg] energy deregulation

  • LaVerne Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25 7:49 AM
      I not sure how everyone else is comparing electric rates, but when I checked
      Reliant vs Green Mountain and I added Reliant's credit back into my bill
      (which shouldn't be deducted when comparing rates) Green Mountain came in
      less, 10.295 cents/kwh vs. Reliant's @ 10.43978 cents/kwh. I'm using Green
      Mountain even if it becomes a little higher.

      LaVerne
      laverne@...
    • Greg Carrier
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30 4:32 PM
        I applaud those going to Green Mountain.

        However, as for price comparisons, they can be confusing (at least to
        me). It is my understanding that the Reliant bill shows a fuel
        factor adjustment which is allowable on top of the competitor's rates.

        -Greg

        --- In hreg@y..., "LaVerne Williams" <wa@m...> wrote:
        > I not sure how everyone else is comparing electric rates, but when
        I checked
        > Reliant vs Green Mountain and I added Reliant's credit back into my
        bill
        > (which shouldn't be deducted when comparing rates) Green Mountain
        came in
        > less, 10.295 cents/kwh vs. Reliant's @ 10.43978 cents/kwh. I'm
        using Green
        > Mountain even if it becomes a little higher.
        >
        > LaVerne
        > laverne@e...
      • Michael Begley
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30 6:33 PM
          I too am switching to Green Mtn. The following site has
          the prices of all the potential power providers:
          http://www.powertochoose.org/residential/choosing/howtoshopframe.html
          It also shows the mix of power plant fuel sources and emissions
          versus the TX average. Green Mtn looks good with 100%
          wind and 0% emissions.
          However, I find it doesn't agree with either the Green Mtn
          brochure or my Reliant bill.
          My Green Mtn contract is for $4.95 monthly service charge and
          9.8 cents per kwh.
          My Reliant bill shows a $6.31 monthly service charge, and
          2.25 cents for the first 250 kwh, and 7.65 cents for each additional kwh.
          But then adding the fuel surcharge of 4.51 cents per kwh, the actual
          rates are 6.76 cents for the first 250 kwh and 12.16 cents for all
          additional kwh.
          Given my summer bills, I expect the Green Mtn bills to be cheaper
          than Reliant (as long as the fuel surcharge continues or increases),
          as well as non-polluting.