Re: [hreg] Speaker needed for Galveston

  • Jim Brannen
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 10, 2011
      Justin, count me in Will be happy to present. Can we talk tomorrow?
      Jim Brannen

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 10, 2011

        Justin:

        The program sounds wonderful.  Unfortunately this is very short notice for a very few number of students on what is probably a pretty big effort – not to mention a drive to Galveston .  I know lots of folks in town, at Rice, UH and elsewhere who could present – but for these reasons.

        I would recommend you contact Elizabeth Ferruelo at the World Affairs Council of Houston.  WAC has a huge focus on education including high school.  They have energy programs every year where speakers present and students participate.  The quality of the speakers is outstanding.

        My other suggestion is to contact the 2 Pasadena High Schools that just installed solar panels. See the ribbon cutting announcement attached for details.

        Best,

        Tyra

      • justin@gulfcoastrenewableresources.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 10, 2011
          Thanks for the replies. I had been contacted about it yesterday myself and cannot commit to their requested time frame, but knew I could count on someone through HREG to help them out. Thanks Tyra and Jim for the help. We now have it finalized.