Makani Power wind turbine

  • Jay Ring
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2011
      Interesting:

      http://www.makanipower.com/concept/fundamentals/

      They use a small fleet of unmanned autonomous aircraft to build a tethered wind turbine. The video explains the concept really well.

      Some clever advantages, including low operating speeds and simplified off-shore deployment.

      It's the most over-complicated thing I have ever seen, but it's really neat.

      Funded by Google.
    • Andrew McCalla
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2011

        The FAA and USAF are going to love those!

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5918 (20110301) __________

        http://www.eset.com