Focus the Nation: Event Invitation

  • Jennifer M. Amelang
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18 3:36 PM

    Dear All,

    UST TACKLES THE CLEAN ENERGY ECOMONY:
    FOCUS THE NATION CLEAN ENERGY FORUM

    WHAT:   Join the University of St. Thomas (UST) and the greater community as we navigate the challenges and solutions to a clean energy economy and sustainable transportation. UST is holding a Focus the Nation Clean Energy Forum to educate the public on the innovative approaches our community is taking to make Houston amore sustainable place to live.

     WHEN:   February 28th, 2011

                     5:00pm-9:00pm

    WHERE: University of St. Thomas

    Scanlan Conference Room (Upstairs in the Jerabeck Athletic Center)

                     4000 Mt. Vernon

                    Houston, TX 77006

     DETAIL    DETAILS:  The forum will begin with a Meet and Greet period with SCA, NuRide, Chipotle, Houston Green Building Council, and GTA. The presentations will commence at 5:30 with talks from Kevin Conlin, Sun-Stop Solar Service Stations; Ralph Parrott, Alternative Power Solutions; Katherine Warren, Boxley Group Energy Practice. A panel discussion will follow.  This discussion will focus on identifying clean energy roadblocks and solutions.  Panelists include all mentioned speakers as well as UST graduate Kelli Angelone of Clean Cities Coalition and H-GAC. From this discussion, we hope to become more aware of steps that can be taken to advance, promote, and implement alternative energy technologies.

    Parking for the event will be available in the Moran Parking Garage (corner of W. Alabama and Graustark) for $2. Street Parking is also available but limited and be aware of "no parking" signs. Please register for the event online at www.focusthenation.org/forums. (Pre-registration is not required but appreciated)

    Parking for the event will be available in the Moran Parking Garage (corner of W. Alabama and Graustark) for $2. Street Parking is also available but limited and be aware of "no parking" signs. Please register for the event online at www.focusthenation.org/forums. (Pre-registration is not required but appreciated)

    **Refreshments provided by Ruggles Green, Clif Bar, Sweet Leaf Tea

    HREG has been a great help in the creation of this event.
    All speakers for the night I have met through HREG.
    I would like to continue HREG support by having as many members come out to the event.

    Thank You,
    Jennifer Amelang
    University of St. Thomas
    Focus the Nation Organizer, Texas