Fwd: Environmental & Energy Law & Policy Journal's Annual Symposium

  • mkewert@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2011
      FYI
      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: "Allison Kluber-Waldman" <aekluber@...>
      To: hreg@...
      Sent: Sunday, January 9, 2011 8:25:58 PM
      Subject: Environmental & Energy Law & Policy Journal's Annual Symposium

      For the past six years, the Environmental & Energy Law & Policy Journal at the University of Houston Law Center has held an annual symposium with topics focusing on the intersection of environmental and energy law. Next year's symposium is currently being planned on a topic that will continue to challenge energy development, especially future offshore leasing decisions in the Gulf of Mexico, Alaska, and beyond: Counting on Catastrophe: How Environmental and Energy Laws Account for Catastrophic Risks. This symposium will take place in Houston on February 18, 2011, and it will focus on legal and policy issues brought to light by the Deepwater Horizon blowout, the BP Texas City explosion, and other industrial and environmental disasters.

      We believe the members of your organization might have an interest in attending our event. Therefore, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to have our event shared with your community either through posting it on your site or by passing along our evite. If there is a certain procedure to follow, we would be grateful for the information.

      This symposium is part of the Environmental & Energy Law & Policy Journal's annual series focused on the intersection of environmental and energy law. For example, our February 2010 symposium was on Climate Change, Water & Adaptive Law. Every year our symposium hosts numerous speakers with varying viewpoints on complex issues, and we always seek to secure presentations from government and industry in addition to the expert law professors who contribute greatly to the program.  Our symposium also attracts a diverse audience that includes industry professionals, environmental advocates, and outside counsel from the Houston and Gulf Coast areas.

      The Environmental & Energy Law & Policy Journal looks forward to your response regarding sharing our symposium with your members.

      Respectfully yours,

      Allison Kluber-Waldman
      Chief Symposium Editor & Director
      Environmental & Energy Law & Policy Journal
      University of Houston Law Center
      JD Candidate, 2011
      allik@...