Re: [hreg] Re: South America - glacier water vs population

  • William & Cynthia Stange
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 6, 2011
      I think what might be related is the offset of peoples living in more lowland regions of South America as well. Not only their water supplies being lost to mixing with non-drinkable water, the resultant rise in water levels may wipe out living regions for generations of people.
       As we look back at our own planet every year we are becoming more informed at how complicated this planet is. In this related article on the western Antarctic ice sheet and its possible failure Houston indeed would be a "bayou city" in this scenario.
      An element that covers almost 75 percent of our planet has to be reckoned with. LLoyds of London has already commissioned investigators into the marked increase in large ships lost at sea with zero explanations. Weather continues to make headlines, Australia it seems is the latest in the severe department of bizarre activity.
      As flat as we are I would keep the radar pictures close at hand from now on, we've had a lack of rain for an entire year now. The flip side of that is usually more rain than we ever thought possible.

      Bill

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 7, 2011
        Rice University January 26 at 6:30pm

        In case anyone is interested.

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 7, 2011
          Evelyn--who's sponsoring at Rice U? I'd like to get in touch with them.

          Thanks,
          Alyssa Burgin

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 7, 2011
            I don't know but I got the information through Transition Houston.
            You may also try to contact Rice University to ask. Hope this helps. Evelyn

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 7, 2011
              Thanks, I'll start looking.

              Alyssa Burgin

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 7, 2011
                I need to find a panel and inverter supplier here in Houston.

                Building two systems. grid tie.

                James Mckethen
                832 264 9343

              • Jim Hudson
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 7, 2011

                  Check out Ontility – 281-254-1400

                  Jim Hudson

                  Business Development Manager

                  Attic Breeze

                  281-904-5281   (Direct)

                  877-288-4234   (Main)

                  281-324-1669   (Fax)

                  www.atticbreeze.net

                  The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or any employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you very much.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 7, 2011

                    Also check out Ameresco Solar in Tomball

                    Colin Gates:      281 351 0031

                    Very knowledgeable and good customer service.

                    Srini Gavvala

                    Operations Manager

                    Dresser, Inc.

                    Infrastructure Solutions

                    16240 Port Northwest Drive, Houston , Texas 77041-2645 U.S.A

                    Office: +1 832 590 2147     Fax: +1 713 849 2879

                    Mobile: +1                        E-mail: srini,gavvala@...

                    www.dresser.com

                    Dresser, Inc. is environmentally friendly. Please, do not print this e-mail if not necessary

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 7, 2011
                      I purchased my system from http://Affordablesolar.com I am using micro inverters from Enphase, so the shipping costs from NM are low, and BP panels from AmerescoSolar in Tomball, so shipping costs are low.

                      I drove the Nissan Leaf today. It is terrific! Leaf tour on Sat and Sun in Pearland.

                      Thanks,Bill S
                      Ph 832-338-3080 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            832-338-3080      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
                      www.watt-tracker.com
                      www.promotingevs.com
                      www.hstech.biz

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 11, 2011
                        Hi Jim,

                        I tried this number 281-254-1400 but it is not a working number,  would you please check if it is correct.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 11, 2011
                          http://www.ontility.com/interact/contact-us

                          --
                          Marc Morgan
                        • pchelectricoftexas@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 23, 2011
                            What

                            From: Taylorhowardintl@...
                            Sender: hreg@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 09:52:39 -0500 (EST)
                            To: <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
                            ReplyTo: hreg@yahoogroups.com

                            Hello Friends,

                            I am writing to ask you to please vote for me to win a Nissan Leaf Automobile.  The auto when won will then be auctioned off to raise funds for Yachty Gras, to give back to Bay Area Houston .

                             I realize I am asking you to support the efforts of Yachty Gras.  This is our 12th Annual Yachty Gras Events during Mardi Gras.  Yachty Gras does great things to enhance tourism in Kemah and Seabrook , Texas , as well as other Cities around Clear Lake .  We will have a Kick-Off Party on March 4th and The Grand Night Boat Parade on March 5th.

                             While doing these events we also give funds to many people who need our help. Usually the donated funds go to 501-C3 nonprofit organizations.  Three areas we have donated funds to over our twelve years of operation, just to mention a few, have been; funding for summer camps for children with cancer and their families, saved many beloved pets from being put down and assisted in finding shelter for battered women and their children.

                             If possible please forward on to your email list for even greater assistance.  We have 30 days to get as many votes as possible to win the Leaf.  Please go to view my video and vote now.  Nissan will email you back for a confirmation of your vote.  Please confirm or your vote want be counted.

                             Above all .... my video should give you a good laugh for the day!  Thank you for your assistance it is greatly appreciated and have a wonderful day.

                             Keep smiling!   Happy New Year..

                            Maurine

                            Subj: Help my friend win a Nissan LEAF!

                            Hi! My friend was one of the first to test drive the all new 100% electric Nissan LEAF
                            – and now YOU can help them drive one home!

                            View and vote for my friend's video now to help them win a 100% electric Nissan LEAF!

                            https://drivenissanleaf.com/Win/Vote.aspx?b=BS59NMC4X753

                            You can drive one too! Visit www.driveNissanLEAF.com to sign up today!

                            https://drivenissanleaf.com/

                            http://twitter.com/home?status=Help my friend win a 100% electric Nissan LEAF! View and vote for their video now! https://drivenissanleaf.com/?b=BS59NMC4X753

                            http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://www.DriveNissanLeaf.com/?b=BS59NMC4X753

                            Nissan LEAF™ Innovation for the planet. Innovation for all.

                            *Limited test drives available.

                            NO PURCHASE OR FURTHER OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO VOTE. OTHER THAN AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THEIR VOTE, VOTERS WILL RECEIVE NO FURTHER COMMUNICATION FROM SPONSOR. CLICK HERE FOR OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES.

                            Sponsored 2010 by Nissan North America, Inc., One Nissan Way , Franklin , TN 37067 .

                            Always wear your seat belt, and please don’t drink and drive. ©2010 Nissan North America, Inc.

                            This email was sent in response to your interest in Nissan LEAF™ and will provide you information about the status of your reservation. This is not a promotional email from Nissan. If you have previously elected not to receive promotional emails from Nissan we will continue to honor your request and only contact you with transactional information tied to your Nissan LEAF reservation.

                            To view Nissan’s privacy policy, click here.

                            Nissan E-Mail Marketing
                            8900 Freeport Parkway
                            Irving , TX 75063