The latest and greatest in solar A/C

  • mkewert@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2010
      For dryer climates, which I know we don't have in Houston, this solar air-conditioner seems to be the best out there:
      http://www1.eere.energy.gov/femp/pdfs/tir_coolerado.pdf

      This new technology coming out of NREL is still in the laboratory stage, but it holds promise for our humid climate by combining desiccants and evaporative cooling:
      http://www.nrel.gov/features/20100611_ac.html
    • Robert Johnston
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2010

        VERY interesting!  I’ve followed desiccant cooling systems for some time and always wished there was a residential scale technology.  This looks promising!  Let’s hope they can bring it to commercialization.

        Thanks for sharing.

        Robert