fun climate talk for local high schools

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2010
      Fei Ji of Alliance for Climate Education gives a wonderful talk on
      climate protection for Houston area high school folks. While it
      doesn't mince the truth, it is fun and inspiring. For a sample of
      her presentation, watch http://www.youtube.com/climateed

      To book an assembly or for more information http://acespace.org/ or
      contact Fei Ji of Alliance for Climate Education
      Fei.ji@... 832-316-4405

      Fei is looking for volunteer projects that high school people can
      do. If you have a project, please contact her. Since Alliance for
      Climate Education has been in Houston for only a year most teachers
      don't know about them. Please tell your teacher friends about this
      opportunity. They will give their presentation also to older students.

      Nan Hildreth, Houston 713-842-6643
      www.HoustonClimateProtection.org

      Make Soil, End Global Warming

      "We could end global warming if we restored the fertility in the
      soils in the state of California." Dr. Elaine Ingham, www.soilfoodweb.com

      "...global warming can be reversed by restoring biodiversity in the
      soils and in the ocean. ... There is enough land to sequester this
      carbon and it could be done in a decade or two. ... Now that the Oil
      Age is coming to an end, we are entering the Soil Age.
      " http://groups.google.com/group/soil-age

      "... a 1.6% increase in organic content of soils humans manage would
      restore atmospheric carbon dioxide levels to normal." says Allan
      Yeomans in
      http://www.youtube.com/user/AllanYeomans1#p/a/u/0/-o2N6vJDLpE Free
      download of his book http://www.yeomansplow.com.au/priority-one-contents.htm

      "Soil is the new frontier" Eaarth by Bill McKibben
    • evelyn sardina
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 8, 2010
        I am currently helping in an intermediate school that wants to start a recycling
        program too bad they don't qualify. Is there something for Intermediate schools that
        you may know about?

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 8, 2010
          ACE might want to talk to your intermediate
          school about climate. They set up their Houston
          branch only a year ago and so they are not yet swamped with engagements.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 8, 2010
            Thanks. I have a group that I am volunteering for and need to know whom can I talk to
            for a possible talk at the school. It would only be for an after school program in which the students choose to do recycling as their project so the talk would have to be on this topic specifically.