Next Sunday and next year

  • mkewert@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 24, 2010
      Next Sunday, October 31st from 2-4 pm we will have our last HREG quarterly meeting of 2010.  It will be in the first floor lecture hall at University of Houston's School of Architecture building.  Rather than a speaker this time, our topic will be:
      "Renewable Energy in Pictures".  We will have photos and videos of the most interesting renewable energy projects, technologies and activities that we can fine.  So, if you've got something to contribute, please send it to me this week or just bring it along to the meeting (on a memory stick if it is digital).  We'll save some time for walk on's.  It could be your own solar project or one around the world.  We will start with a classic - "The infinite Power of Texas", have a photographic recap of our Solar Tour, video of a solar airplane and much more.  So, come enjoy and learn.

      We will also have a short business meeting, which brings up the second topic.  What do we want to make out of HREG in 2011?  In January we will have our election of officers, so please start thinking about nominating yourself or someone else for president, vice president or secretary-treasurer.  We need people willing to lead.  Both of our vice-presidents got new jobs outside of Houston this year and I was not planning to run for president again.  Please submit nominations to any of the current officers by the end of December.

      I hope to see you next Sunday - we will have treats, not tricks, at the meeting!

      Mike
    • Kevin Conlin
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 24, 2010
      • 1 Attachment
      • 265 KB

      Mike, Last week the University of Houston Green Building Council has their annual exhibit of green/future building technologies in the main lobby of that building.

      They are on exhibit for 30 days, so meeting attendees will be able to view them.

      Attached is the model of our Sun-Stop Solar Service Station currently on display.

      See you Sunday.

      Kevin Conlin
      Heliosolar Design, Inc.
      13534 Quetzal Lane