FWD: Sign up for No Impact week

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2010
    No Impact Week is a chance to lower your carbon footprint for the
    Week of Oct. 10 -15. If you know you only have to do it for a week,
    eating local or riding the bus becomes less daunting. But once you
    have tried these carbon saving practices, you might find that they
    are really more convenient and healthier than the way you do things
    now. Those who sign up and participate for all five days get in free
    to a talk by Colin Beavan, the No Impact Man himself on Friday
    evening 6-8PM. You can sign up for the No Impact Week at:
    http://noimpactproject.org/experiment/greenweek

    As each day passes you do what you did the day before and add the new
    actions. By the end of the week your impact will be considerably reduced.

    In Houston the WEEK is organized differently than is shown on the website
    10/10/10 Sunday Community Project to correspond with the Work Day
    for the Planet organized by 350.org
    10/11/10 Monday Dealing with Consumption and Trash
    10/12/10 Tuesday Dealing with Transportation
    10/13/10 Wednesday Dealing with Food
    10/14/10 Thursday Dealing with Energy and Water
    10/15/10 Friday An evening talk by Colin Beavan on Taking
    Action and Giving Back.

    Each night there will be workshops with facilitators given
    simultaneously at 7 locations. A listing of workshop locations is
    attached. The workshops are not required but they will be a chance
    to meet other Experimenters and get tips. I am also attaching some
    information on where to get locally grown food. The biggest
    farmer's market is the Urban Harvest Farmers' Market on Saturday
    morning. For a list of other markets
    http://georgiasmarket.com/learn/localfarmersmarkets/

    I will be holding workshops at New Living.

    If the politicians were not so afraid of depriving their constituents
    of one goodie or another they would get busy and do what they need to
    do about climate change. So if we can learn to do things differently
    by using our own power, they might not be so fearful and do what they
    need to do.

    Nancy Edwards 713-661-9737

    Nan Hildreth 713-842-6643

    Action is the antidote to despair....