Re: Solar Tour Guide for Saturday

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2010
      It's difficult to make a cheap solar house. The panels are expensive.

      But, to be fair, remember there is more to the cost of a house than just what it costs to buy. There are operating costs, and solar helps reduce those.

      I thought the Burghli homes were very affordable, all things considered. Also the Zercher house was a great inspiration that any house can be improved, it doesn't have to be a new construction.

      Huge Kudos to the Healthy Blue Green hue home and the Green Mode design. Inspiring work guys.

      And huge thanks to the organizers (you know who you are!). I had a great time again this year and I can't wait until we do it again next year!