Solar Tour Opportunities

  • mkewert@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 23, 2010
    As you know, the National Solar Tour is just over a week away on October 2nd.  The national organizer just sent us an email with these encouraging words:
    "If you need proof that the largest grassroots solar event in America is taking hold then consider the following: the number of tours has nearly tripled since last year."

    Our local tour committee led by Matthias and Kathleen is hard at work to make the Houston Solar Tour a great success for the 7th year in a row.  One thing we haven't had time for is contacting politicians to personally invite them.  If they want to show support for clean, American energy, this is a good way to do it.  If you would like to take on this task for the cause, please do.  Local, state, federal - they are all fair game.  The details of the pre-tour social and the tour are on the website:
    www.houstonsolartour.com or www.houstonsolartour.org

    If you do get any commitments to attend, please let me know and we will make an effort to greet the VIPs.  Or you can greet them yourself.

    Opportunity #2.  Use the attached flyer to spread the word by print or email.

    Thank you,
    Mike
  • evelyn sardina
    Message 2 of 4 , Sep 23, 2010
      Is there a bus for the tour this year?

      Message 3 of 4 , Sep 23, 2010
        Yes, one route will visit the Clear Lake sites and the other will visit 4 sites in the west Houston area.  First come, first serve sign up at the HREG table at the solar social.

        Message 4 of 4 , Sep 23, 2010
          Thank you.....