Re: [hreg] another roofing project with questions

  • Ron Foster
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2010
      Breezemaster offers a 10-watt gabled unit, very high quality. One will accommodate around 1,200 square-foot attic, so two should do you well.
      You can also use a BM 1600, but we have some gabled units that are very cost effective.

      On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 4:14 PM, crensinkart <crensink.art@...> wrote:

      Current situation:
      My attic has 2 gable vents and soffit vents all around. The old roof (asphalt shingles) and plywood decking need to be replaced. I have blown-in insulation between the attic floor and the ceiling below.

      The plan:
      -- install a radiant barrier when replacing the decking
      -- cover the exterior with a white, metal, standing ridge roof
      -- install a solar powered attic fan

      The goal is to create a much cooler attic and ultimately reduce my AC bills.

      -->Does anyone have any words of wisdom?
      -->Any materials or installation sources to recommend?
      -->Do I need a ridge vent on a metal roof?

      I listened to Stephanie Edwards-Musa and Michael Strong's webinar on Radiant Barriers. Thanks for sharing.
      -->Cell phone interferance from radiant barriers is be very problematic! Have you heard of any solutions to that problem yet?

      Thanks,
      Crensink

      --
      Ron Foster – President