Climate Movie Sept 5. Sunday 1:15pm

  • Nan Hildreth
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2010
      Houston Climate Protection Alliance will screen documentary

      No Impact Man

      on Sunday, September 5 at 1:15 PM
      at First Unitarian Universalist Church
      5200 Fannin at the corner of Southmore
      Two blocks north of the Museum Stop of the Light Rail

      This provocative film is fun. No Impact Man
      persuaded his wife and child to reduce their
      impact on the planet by changing their daily
      habits for a year. They started with buying
      less and ended with shutting off their
      electricity. At the end of the year, they were
      happy to get their fridge back but realized they
      wanted to keep many of their new habits.

      To have no impact,
      · they got rid of their TV, and found they
      had more time for each other and for themselves.
      · she battled with her shop-aholic ways of
      buying herself fancy clothes and found she didn’t miss them.
      · they quit eating out all the time,
      instead cooking local food from the farmer’s
      market and their health had improved.
      · they walked to work and found this also improved their health.
      · he began helping local environmental groups and found he enjoyed it.

      No Impact Man challenges us. How can we enjoy
      life while reducing our impact on our
      environment? At this film showing, you can join
      us in pledging to reduce our impact during the
      national climate work party starting October 10 sponsored by www.350.org

      For more information, contact Nancy Edwards
      NEEdwards@..., 713-661-9737 or
      http://www.greenweekhouston.com/index.php/1011-1015-no-impact-experiment-night
      If you can’t join us in watching the film, you
      can view it online at www.netflix.com

      Nan Hildreth 713-842-6643

      Action is the antidote to despair....
      Joan Baez