Solar Photovoltaic

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16 6:52 PM
      I got a mailer the other day for my professional engineer PDH for photovoltaic systems from some company named half HalfMoon. I can't vouch for it, but I thought I would pass it on in case anyone had use of it. 6 hours of continuing education in a live seminar. They also had a small wind class. September 15th and 29th.

      It's probably pretty basic for practicing professionals in the field, but it might be good for someone looking to get into the field. It also counts for Texas Architechts (CEPH) and AIA (SD/HSW).

      If anyone has any experience with these guys please share, I'd like to hear about it.

      Solar Photovoltaic Energy Systems:
      https://www.halfmoonseminars.com/continuing_education_seminar.php?seminar_location_id=1491

      Small Wind Energy Systems:
      https://www.halfmoonseminars.com/continuing_education_seminar.php?seminar_location_id=1457

      Have a good one guys -
    • John P. Matznick
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 17 9:45 AM
        I would recommend anyone looking to learn more about renewable energy systems get a more hands on approach and real world implementations of systems than just theory in the classroom.
        You can get basic knowledge of everything from solar, wind and rain water capture systems as well as composting toilets from Industrial Country Market. They have a very sophisticated solar setup there and you can learn about that as well. Contact Daniel to see what times and what he is teaching on.
        They are local and you would be sup[porting local businesses.

        Regards
        John P. Matznick
        Renewable Energy & Sustainability Consultant
        Green Tech Fusion
        888.642.0226
        www.GreenTechFusion.com -  Sustainable & Renewable Technologies

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 17 11:18 AM
          We had one of our HREG meetings out at the Industrial Country Market and I enjoyed it, I am not trying to take anything away from them.

          These are continuing education hours, which licensed architects and engineers have to take in order to maintain our licenses. Also many companies (not all) pay the cost of courses necessary for maintaining your license.

          So it's not better or worse than hands on at ICM, it's just a different purpose all together. I changed the topic to reflect that better :)

          Take care -