      From: Robert Johnston <junk1@...>
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, June 3, 2010 9:39:15 PM
      Subject: RE: [hreg] Lurking Beneath the Surface, CSM

      Tyra, I don’t read Ahmed’s posts as defending or
      minimizing the damage from the oil spill. I think he was making the case
      that BP is working hard via a multipronged approach and applying the best
      resources they can muster (and they have considerable resources, not to mention
      motivation!) to address the problem. If you disagree with the facts he
      presented, address them, but don’t accuse Ahmed (directly or indirectly)
      of “seeking to excuse inexcusable behavior and thinking” unless you
      believe that is what he really is doing. His experience in the oil patch
      brings helpful perspective; its isn’t glorying in the past.

      As posted earlier, BP is a leading solar company. So why
      demonize them? Why not demonize all the consumers who use their
      products? They (we) are the true force behind oil companies’ search
      for energy supplies “to the ends of the earth”. It is easy to
      attack visible targets like big corporations, but they are responding to market
      and societal needs. HREG can help by changing individual behaviors
      through education. As consumer habits change, corporations will respond.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic