9866Re: [hreg] Solar Resrve

  • William & Cynthia Stange
    May 31, 2010
      If that is the case, and it's a good one. Peak and the larger percent of usage is to cool our homes,no? If we as a nation built homes to be ten-times more efficient at resisting the heat load THAT electricity could be used somewhere else as a "swap" of peak usage/storage combination to "charge" or shore up EV's? Taking into consideration that electric rail use ( both public transpo and transport of goods) could be utilized as well. Just thinking a what the future could look like. Since energy will become quite a lot more expensive to build, feed with fossil fuel to keep up with increasing loads, it seems that the most logical solution is to super-double down the way we build and live in our homes. Being absolutely more specific of environmental regions. As ours is hot and humid, with flooding likely from time to time, and a drought thrown in every couple of years? Hmmm... Design concepts are begining to get more complicated!
      LaVerne? Instead of concrete slab foundations we should have used bright white concrete roof structures instead, we're upside down!!
      Thank you for the interesting emails all of you.
      Bill
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic