      I think your response to Kevin is over-the-top.  He is a very helpful and well-informed contributor here who is trying to save someone an expensive mistake.  If you disagree with his advice, you can be nice about it and then provide specific facts to support your disagreement, rather than just flaming without any specifics.  The seemingly minor difference you mentioned is actually critically important and difficult to get right.

      Next time, you might want to read the rules on your own forum (assuming you own OffGridHomesteading.com) and apply them to your behavior here:

      #3 - Do NOT crap on other peoples ideas - While it may not make sense to you, it does to others. If you do not have anything positive to contribute keep quiet. Think about where we would be if people told Franklin, Tesla and Edison their ideas were stupid.

      #4 - WE WILL NOT TOLERATE FLAMING OR ANY TYPE OF HATRED TOWARDS ANYONE HERE AND YOU WILL BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY - No questions, no notice.

      Robert

      From: hreg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hreg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of offgridhomesteading.com
      Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 6:11 PM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [hreg] Do it yourself Solar Panels

      Kevin to work for a solar company and to tell people not to learn how to do something that may well be a beneficial skill in the coming future is asinine, and it is possible to make them cheaper and have them put out just as much power as the commercial panels, there is nothing that commercial manufactures do different from Joe in his garage except the film that they are vacuum sealed in. Those that say that someone cant do, need to get out of the way of those doing.

      David
      OffGridHomesteading.com
      Living off the GRID in Texas