9148RE: [hreg] Why is it that...

  • James McKethen
    Aug 2, 2009
      Sometimes the fan is too close to the ceiling, it doesnt allow the airflow you are looking for.

      From: hreg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hreg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of evelyn sardina
      Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2009 8:29 AM
      To: hreg
      Subject: [hreg] Why is it that...

      When I  stand  under  a cieling fan I can hardly feel the air blowing?

      I know this:
      The best  blades  need to be at a  certain pitch
      The blades  need to be reversed  for summer and winter accordinly
      You need at least 5 blades  on the fan

      All above things considered, when I stand  near  a standup fan or one of those air  circulators it  feels so much better even when the blades are very small compared  with that  of a celing fan. I have seen the new ceiling fans that look like a two in one and was wondering if this really works or makes a difference since  the blades of the fans are a lot smaller (because  they have to fit two fans in one) for each of the side by side fans.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic