      From: jay.ring@... <txses@...>
      Subject: [hreg] Re: PV Panel warranties
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 8:38 PM

      Here are a few. These are pretty standard. Remember, your warranty is only good as long as the company is still in business. Picking a more established company may be a better/safer warranty, regardless of what the terms say. I hope this helps!

      Kyrocera:
      10 year at 90%
      20 years at 80%
      20 years power output, 1 year material and workmanship

      BP Solar:
      12-year limited warranty of 90% power output
      25-year limited warranty of 80% power output;
      5-year limited warranty of material and workmanship.

      Evergreen:
      10 years at 90%
      25 years at 80%

      Sanyo:
      10 years 90%
      20 years 80%

      Sharp:
      10 years at 90%
      25 years at 80%

      CSI:
      10 years at 90%
      25 years at 80%

      CDT:
      2 year limited
      10 years 90%
      25 years 80%
      depriciated (pro-rated ) at 7% APR

      --- In hreg@yahoogroups. com, Solar Energy <WhySolar@.. .> wrote:

      > What I am really after is the warranty on material and workmanship on name brand PV panels.  Do all of them guarantee 5 years for material & workmanship or does any of them have warranties longer than 5 years?

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic