9019Re:Capital Investment Needed per MW for Solar, Wind, Coal Fired,

  • Susan Sloan
    Jun 30, 2009

      You’ll find reports here with cost of renewables info:  http://eetd.lbl.gov/ea/EMS/re-pubs.html.

      Capital Investment Needed per MW for Solar, Wind, Coal Fired,

      Posted by: "Paul Cobb" luapbboc@...   luapbboc

      Tue Jun   30,   2009 9:42   am (PDT)

      Cost of Development per MW -- I was wondering if anyone has a good study or reference that shows the avg. cost of developing electricity (new project) for coal, natgas, wind, solar (csp, non pv), etc.
      I have seen studies showing the average cost of producing power via coal, wind, natural gas generated, etc. There's a ppt. on the HREG site saying that it costs $1M per MW for wind and solar. I'm not sure of the source or if that still is accurate, etc.

      I would like to see what studies are recommended that show the cost (per MW) of new projects. I haven't been able to locate anything decent, esp in reference to CSP costs/MW, that compares apples to apples.

      Thanks in advance,
      Paul Cobb

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic