      From: hreg@yahoogroups.com [mailto: hreg@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Nancy Edwards
      Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 11:10 AM
      To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [hreg] Solar Stills & Cookers for a good cause

      Dear Mike,

      You might want to look into ECHO in Florida .  They supply plants and seeds to third world countries.  But they also do appropriate technology.  They have probably tried solar cookers and maybe solar stills.   It is a religious organization but they will work with secular people also.

      Nancy

      On Jun 5, 2009, at 12:37 AM, evelyn sardina wrote:

      Would you have to travel to participate or is this at a local level?

      Just got the documentary FLOW from blockbuster. .. How sad...

      I recently did some research on the cooler made from terracotta pots. I know  it would work best in dry climates (evaporative coolers again) but I was thiking about building one and trying it out in case of a hurricane. Have you ever built one of these? There is a guy in Africa that builds and sells them and the measurements are on the internet. I thought it would be neat to have one outside of a patio with a cover on it and use as an outdoor table when not needed....